I joined AllAdvantage in late 2000. In those days, dial-up was still the medium by which most people accessed the Internet. To participate in AllAdvantage, users had to download an ad bar that sat across the desktop, and you had to click around it. Because of the normal lag of dial-up, using the ad bar really slowed down the internet connection. My experience with AllAdvantage was short lived. Although I only enjoyed about 4 months of earning, it was all free money, and it made me realize the potential of making money on the Internet.
AllAdvantage was actually the first "Get Paid to Surf" program. Members downloaded the toolbar, surfed as they normally did, and got paid without ever having to incur any out of pocket expense because it was all free. By introducing others to AllAdvantage, you would get paid on their surfing as well. It worked fine for almost 2 years, and it was reported that there were members earning in excess of $10000 monthly. Unfortunetely, the company got caught in the dotcom crash of 2000 when advertising dollars dropped through the floor. However, it's important to consider the following:
- Within six months, AllAdvantage was one of the TOP 20 most visited websites.
- It raised over $200 million in venture capital
- It grew to over 10 million members online,
- It paid out over $100,000.000 dollars to members.
You may read more about Alladvantage at Wikipedia.
Let's Forward to AGLOCO
AGLOCO was launched in November 2006, and by all observation, it's positioned to be even greater than its predecessor AllAdvantage. I don't know how many members have joined Agloco since its launch, but the company is aiming at having 10,000.000 members by July 1, 2007. The reason for this ambitious goal is explained here .
AGLOCO is banking on the huge appeal that e-communities have to advertisers. Social communities such as Myspace and YouTube are hot bussiness for their owners, and the advertisers who target the users of these communities. Unfortunetely, members of these Internet social communities do not get a share of the millions of dollars in revenues that they help generate.
Realizing the power of Internet social networks, AGLOCO is set out to create the Internet's first Economic Community created by members, but unlike the other online communities, AGLOCO's members will get a share of the profit generated by advertising and other marketing opportunities.
How will AGLOCO make money for its members?
To participate in AGLOCO, members will have to download and install a free Viewbar™ software, and surf the Internet as they normally would. The Viewbar™ is a small toolbar that rests on the bottom of your screen or browser window while you surf the Internet. The Viewbar™ software is what enables AGLOCO to collect the money you are earning while browsing the Internet. The Viewbar™ is currently in beta testing, and will become available for download very soon.
Search: Every time you use the Viewbar™ to do an Internet search, AGLOCO earns money from the search engine providers.
Advertising: The Viewbar will display targeted ads based upon the websites you’re visiting. When you click on an ad and make a purchase, AGLOCO receives a referral fee of which a portion will be paid to the member.
Affiliate Commission: Many major retailers pay commissions when you refer customers who make a purchase. AGLOCO collects that commission and pays a portion to its members. (For example, Amazon pays an 8.5% commission to most websites who refer customers, and has cut deals for even larger percentages. The bigger the AGLOCO community, the better commission they can negotiate for Members.)
Software Distribution: Numerous software companies pay websites to encourage the download of new software releases, and trial versions of new programs. AGLOCO members will not only get access to the latest and coolest software, they'll get paid for it.
Service Distribution: Online service providers such as eBay, PayPal, SKYPE and many others, pay fees to people who help them recruit new active users to their services. These service providers will look to the AGLOCO community as a source of new and active users for their services.
How will AGLOCO members make money?
- Members earn a monthly share of the AGLOCO revenue based on the use of the AGLOCO Viewbar™ that month.
- Members earn part of the company based on the use of the AGLOCO Viewbar™ that month (currently a maximum of five hours are rewarded).
- Members who use our referral system to help build the AGLOCO network will earn more. (AGLOCO only has significant value as a large network, and people who help build it should be rewarded.
- Members will also get a share of any commissions AGLOCO gets when a Member purchases a product or service from an AGLOCO Sponsor company.
Be a part of the Internet’s first Member-Owned Economic Community. Sign up here today. Then, start sending your referral link to everyone you know who surfs the net so that they can join under you.
How To Register:
1. Click here to go to the AGLOCO website.
2. Fill out the registration form.
3. You'll immediately receive an email with a password, and a membership activation link. You must either click on that link, or copy it to your browser to activate your membership.
4. Go back to the AGLOCO website and login using your email address and the password you got in the mail.
Once in your back office, click on "my account", and you'll find an option to change your password. I recommend you change your password to something you will easily remember.
5. Look for your personal referral link in the Referral Center. This is the link you'll give others to sign up under you.